The University of Auckland’s Centre for Educational Leadership (UACEL) and Team Solutions have been successful in being awarded the school immersion component of the above contract which places groups of education professionals from Saudi Arabia into quality Auckland schools.
Three cohorts, each of 25 Saudi Arabian educators, arrive in Auckland in mid-January 2018. The three cohorts will be sourced equally from:
- English language teachers
- Teachers of subjects other than English.
During Term 1, 2018 all participants will be attending the English Language Academy at the University of Auckland to receive intensive language training throughout that term.
From week 2 of Term 2 participants will spend 4 days a week (Tuesday to Friday) in school immersion: 7th May to 28th September (total of 76 days).
- Key programme elements of theory, knowledge building and practical skills undertaken in the school immersion experience will grow participants’ capability by:
- Establishing coherence between theory/research and practice in some of Auckland’s top performing schools, with placements based on Team Solutions’ and UACEL’s extensive experience and contacts within the education sector.
- Providing a contextualised, school immersion experience, within which participants can extend understandings and challenge existing pedagogical thinking.
- Providing a supportive environment within which participants can plan and reflect on their experiences.