The Ministry of Education’s new centrally funded PLD model highlights the importance of high levels of leadership expertise. Examples of Ministry of Education PLD themes which emphasise the importance of quality leadership within schools and across Communities of Learning include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting teachers and leaders capability to analyse, interpret and respond to a wide range of data
- Supporting teachers and leaders capability to understand and develop student agency
- Building capability to work with parents, family/whānau as partners in the learning process
- Developing and holding high expectations of teachers and students
- Building senior and middle leaders capability to observe and provide feedback.
In supporting these leadership development themes, UACEL’s Bespoke Leadership PLD design team places an emphasis on ensuring that professional learning opportunities reflect the needs and priorities of individual schools and CoLs. Consequently, we see the analysis of both leadership understandings and team coherence as critical elements of our bespoke design process. Leadership Coherence Analysis (LCA) helps to ensure that resources are utilised effectively and valued outcomes promoted.
This bespoke, centrally funded approach to leadership PLD can readily accommodate your team’s needs. Our tailored approach to leadership PLD ensures that time, energy and resources are effectively utilised within a sustainable and productive model of professional learning, at a price-point that benefits schools.
For more information (including client references or information on how to get underway with your own bespoke leadership PLD plan) please contact the head of our Bespoke PLD Solution Team.